No HDMI on Android Marshmallow (solved)

I followed the Qualcomm guide to build Android 6 Marshmallow from source using the guide at https://developer.qualcomm.com/download/db410c/linux-android-software-build-and-installation-guide.pdf and flashed the images. But now I don’t have any HDMI output any longer. It used to work using latest Debian and the Android 5 images provided as downloads. I can adb shell into the board. What can I do to make it work?

Thanks.

solved. bricked the board, reflashed with release 99 build, reflashed with android marshmallow, had more patience and then suddenly the display came up. now I have no mouse and tons of errors in logcat, but thatś not an issue at this point.

Hi @Genoil

Yes Android takes a really long time to come up, particularly the first time after flashing.

Your mouse and keyboard will not work if you have anything plugged into the micro-USB port. This is expected behavior.

Full disclosure: I am an employee of Qualcomm Canada, any opinions I have expressed in this or any other post may not reflect the opinions of my employer.

Thanks! I’m back to no HDMI now but this time it is on purpose. Trying to bring up a DSI panel, but no luck yet. The porting guide is quite cryptic I have to say. Do you know any good resources for step by step debugging this?