I2s on the low speed expansion connector

I am trying to get i2s audio data out of the Low Speed Expansion Connector and would very much appreciate some guidance. I am using the dragonboard410c_sdcard_install_debian-66 and have also tried build 69 with the same results. Page 15 of the hardware manual suggests that I should get a signal on pins 16, 18 and 20 but I cannot get this to work. Generally the audio is working but I am guessing there is a little more I need to do than flipping from HDMI to HiFi Quality in the pulse audio configuration tab!

Any help would be greatly valued; I am new to Linux so it could well be that I have overlooked some obvious thing. I am thinking pinmux, devicetree… but shouldn’t this “just work” out of the box?

Thanks,

Jolyon

1 Like

Hi @jolyon,

I also see a lot of people using i2s audio and dac on Raspberry pi.
I will seek anybody who have tried i2s on 96Boards.

Hi @Akira,
I am using latest android images on Hikey board.
Even I am trying to get i2s audio data out of the 40 pin Low Speed Expansion Connector of hikey board.
I am hoping I should get a signal on pins 16, 18 and 20 but I cannot get this to work.
Please let me know is there anything Ineed to do to enabole I2S audio output on Hikey board with Android OS init.

Thanks,
NY

Hi Niruyadla,

This post was very useful for Android : http://www.96boards.org/forums/topic/enable-i2s-audio-path/

I found that this modification to the dtsi sent data on pins 16, 18 and 27 with build 99 of the android source

Jolyon

Thanks @jolyon,
Do we have pre compiled kernel image,which is built for Hikey board to enable I2S on 16,18,20 & 22 Pins?

Thanks,
NY