I want to give a video signal to my Orange Pi i96

Well, it turns out that I bought this item seeing that it had integrated graphics and thinking that it had video output for a monitor, but it turns out that I don’t know how and I don’t want to throw the device away :neutral_face:, is there a solution? :thinking:

You could check the schematic (which is here: Hardware Documentation for Orange Pi i96 - 96Boards ) but I’m afraid I can’t see any possible board mods that could provide video output.

Yeah, the thing about these boards is that the vendor doesn’t necessarily have the option of a “similar” soc that doesn’t have the graphics components in it. And even more, while there is no physical output connector, the graphics hardware can be useful sometimes for computation.

This is something that could potentially get you video output capability, but the silly part of it is that you would need another SBC (one that does have video output) in order to receive:

I think it would be one of the only options, but I don’t think it is profitable.

Wonder what somebody was thinking when they wrote the part of the description about “HD video showcases”? Its very misleading.

And actually, now that I think about it, there is another way to get a display output.
Use an SPI display.