I.IMX8X_AI_ML_Board

While building firmware for I.IMX8X_AI_ML_Board I am getting error as "Import error: cannot import name ‘MutableMapping’ from ‘collections’ (/usr/lib/python3.10/collections/init.py)’
Can anyone help me to resolve this problem

What build instructions are you following and what step is causing trouble?

Sir, am following the steps given in this file https://github.com/ArrowElectronics/I.IMX8X_AI_ML/blob/main/Kernel_5_4_47/Yocto_build_manual_step_aiml.txt
Am getting error at the step “bitbake -v imx-image-full”
after running this code am getting the error which I have mentioned above.
I tried to change the python version from 3.10 to version 2.7 also but it is not changing in my terminal

Looks like the host distro you are using to build is too new. From the dates I’d guess this was built and tested using Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.

OK sir,
I will try it in Ubuntu 18.04 version

while executing it in ubuntu18.04 i got error while applying patch that
“error:patch failed:meta-bsp/recipes-support/opencv/opencv_4.2.0.imx.bb:4”
every time i get error at this step only

error: patch failed: meta-bsp/recipes-support/opencv/opencv_4.2.0.imx.bb:4
error: meta-bsp/recipes-support/opencv/opencv_4.2.0.imx.bb: patch does not apply
Patch failed at 0007 IMX8:Updated opencv_4.2.0.imx.bb to commit f70f223

this is the error
Kindly help to resolve this problem

It looks to me like Yocto_build_manual_step_aiml.txt has been left to bitrot… it certainly differs in behaviour from automated steps in yocto_build_setup_aiml.sh .

Are you able to get things closer to working by using the automatic script?

@darshak do you know anything about the current status of the manual steps?

the automatic script stopped working after downloading 1423 files out of 10149 files.
the downloading task stopped after showing the below errors.

1. "ERROR: Task(/home/username/AIML_L5_4
    _Rel_3_1/imx-yocto-bsp/sources/meta-qt5/recipes-qt/qt5/qtbase_git.bb:do_compile) failed with exit code ‘1’ "
  2. “[ERROR]: Error in building the image, please see the error log for resolution.”

That’s a shame. Seems odd that both the automatic and manual processes in https://github.com/ArrowElectronics/I.IMX8X_AI_ML would be unbuildable!

@darshak Any thoughts?