How to get Android CIFS/SMB Support?

I have been beating my head against the wall trying to get a Windows share mounted at boot on the stock Dragonboard 410c running Android 5.1.1

I tried the cifs.ko files to the modules directory, but kept getting key not available errors, and did some other research and they said each ko has to be compiled for, and signed with the same keys as the kernel, etc…

So I am basically down to this: Is there an android build for this board that supports CIFS, or how do I add that support to it??

Thanks.

Some particular reason why you don’t just rebuild the kernel with cifs built in?

How? For this board?

The documentation is all over the place, there is no clear cut answer IMHO. I am a newb at this kind of thing.

I got a ODROID-XU4 to replace this thing because at least it IS supported for android by the developers, and it was relatively streight forward to compile its kernel. download the GIT, apply the config for this board and compile. Something that isnt so simple with the dragonboard.

Already read that. Been there done that. Problem with that PDF is its very dated so its making it confusing as the files at Aurora are much newer than the board support files at qualcomm so I dunno what to do.

Read section 2.2 on page 8.

Ok… Let me be more specific. Page 10, Section 3 has a now dead link. And when you follow this instruction, the “board support package” from qualcom is way out of date and doesnt follow the manifest releases that are going on at quara.or aura or whatever its called.

So if I pick the XML file for the latest MSM build which appears to be nouget right now. I go and look for the board support package as the document says, it doesnt exist!

This is what started this whole mess.

Looks like this is more nuanced than a dead link.

The link text shows https://developer.qualcomm.com/hardware/dragonboard-410c/tools but the actual link points to https://developer.qualcomm.com/hardware/dragonboard-410c/toolsc (in other words there is a typo in the link target).

However you are certainly correct that the DB410C BSP lags behind the chipset support on codeaurora. The most recent available BSP is LA.BR.1.2.7-01010-8x16.0 (derived from Marshmallow).

I had the web team create a link from the bad URL to the right place, it should work now. I have also requested a fix to the document.

Full disclosure: I am an employee of Qualcomm Canada, any opinions I have expressed in this or any other post may not reflect the opinions of my employer.