How to enable UART DMA mode on Hikey960?

Hi Mani,

Thanks a lot for your response. Currently, most HOST platforms support UART DMA solution for Bluetooth. Because if dont’ support UART DMA, there wil be audio copping or HCI H/W error issues when streaming music as bluetooth a2dp. So, this is very critical issue on platform side.

Thanks,
Danny

@danny81 As far as I can see, this issue not limited to UART DMA but for the entire slave DMA support. There is already a bug submitted [1] and I just added my finding to it. Currently, the DMA driver is not properly supporting slave peripherals and I’m expecting HiSilicon to provide a fix ASAP.

Thanks,
Mani

[1] https://bugs.96boards.org/show_bug.cgi?id=555

They don’t seem to be responding to the bug report, and it doesn’t seem to be a public holiday in China right now…

In fact, there are a LOT of bug reports about bluetooth crashing (which is really what this thread comes down to), NONE of which have been acknowledged by HiSilicon.

To be honest though, I’m not sure that the issue really is a DMA issue at all. From what I understand, the bluetooth UART was set for 3 Mbaud in kernel 4.4, yet DMA wasn’t available in that kernel either. Here, it is set for 921k and crashes even at that speed.