Hikey price increase

We are using hikey for a project and noticed that the price has increased about 20% in the last month. Is this a normal price increase or is Linaro trying to push people to the Hikey960 board? Should we expect any shortage in hikey (620) boards in the near future?

Also, is there a better place to buy in quantity than say Amazon? We are going to need another 60 or so units over the next 3-6 months, probably in batches of 10…

What is the roadmap for hikey (620) over the next few years?

Thanks,
Mike

@mpanetta

Very nice to hear of your work with the HiKey (620) board. I am going to try address your concerns one at a time:

1. “We are using hikey for a project and noticed that the price has increased about 20% in the last month. Is this a normal price increase or is Linaro trying to push people to the Hikey960 board?”

Linaro and 96Boards do not sell any of these boards. We are neither manufacturer nor distributor. We simply hold the spec, that is all. In my experience, price changes can be due to many variables, regions, production quantities, etc… all of which are out of Linaro and 96Boards control.

1. “Also, is there a better place to buy in quantity than say Amazon? We are going to need another 60 or so units over the next 3-6 months, probably in batches of 10…”

It is my understanding the HiKey (620) will be going end of life in the early months of next year.

We suggest getting in touch with LeMaker (the manufacturer) directly with any significant quantity orders.

Their contact information can be found on their website, I have pasted some info here.

Tel: +86-755-26902417

Email:
support@lemaker.org (Technical Support)
product@lemaker.org (Product Distribution)

I hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any more questions.

Thanks!

Thanks for the quick reply! I will contact LeMaker about this, thank you very much!

Mike

1 Like