Hikey 970 support for OPENCL / Mali G72 GPU

HI, I am trying to run a benchmark of gpu based mobilenet on tvm/nnvm. The target device is Hikey 970 with Shunya based Ubuntu 16.04.
I get an error that OPENCL fails:
Check failed: context != nullptr No OpenCL device

I made sure ocl-icd-opencl-dev is Installed, and clinfo command does not identify anything.

Next , I tried verifying that MALI G72 drivers I installed - but could not find how to check or where to get them from. Any idea on how to proceed?
Thanks

Can you tell me where can I get the Mali G72 opencl driver?Thank you!

Hi ,
Mali G72 drivers r not available for this board yet
So Opencl is not available .
Can try to build Mesa drivers and make opencl available but not sure how well it will perform

Regards
Nik

Also, the mesa driver supported opencl we have released in lebian by shunya team for hi key 970 .
You can pls try that

Regards
Nik

The OpenCL driver for Mali in Lebian has no support for wayland, can you recompile with wayland support (or possibly X11?)

I also ask the same question…and many others!!

The OpenCL driver for Mali in Lebian has no support for wayland, can you recompile with wayland support (or possibly X11?)

I’m confused as to why Lemaker Support is telling me that you do not have the ability to make the driver.

support@lemaker.com <support@lemaker.com> Wed, Apr 17, 9:52 PM (2 days ago)

to me

Hi,

I’m sorry to hear that.

But Hikey970 G72 driver is not released by Hisilicon yet, only Hikey970 android OS is built by Hisilicon.

We also didn’t get the Mali G72 driver and details from Hisilicon.

Maybe you can refer to this kernel source link(https://github.com/96boards-hikey/linux/tree/hikey970-v4.9) to see if it contains the hikey970 GPU driver.

Best Regards

Clearly you stated that the shunya team made the driver.
Can you please make the X11 or Wayland.