Hi i have a question about using ADB on hikey 970 and aosp version

Board based on the Kirin 970 - HI3670 Application Processor
More info: http://www.96boards.org/product/hikey970/ (Website coming soon…)
Buy now: https://www.seeedstudio.com/HiKey-970-Development-Board-p-3046.html

Hello i have some question of HIkey970

first can i install the android pie(AOSP) on the hikey970?

second

i want to use ADB on hikey970 using USB with DC adaptor( Not tcp ip mode)
i will only use one USB for ADB (Not any connection another usb ) with DC Adaptor

can i use this?

Thanks for reading

god bless you!

first can i install the android pie(AOSP) on the hikey970?

Sort of. The original build instructions no longer work due to changes on AOSP but there have been some success reports from other users on the forum:

i want to use ADB on hikey970 using USB with DC adaptor( Not tcp ip mode)
i will only use one USB for ADB (Not any connection another usb ) with DC Adaptor

I’m afraid I don’t understand what you mean here. Hikey970 cannot be powered via USB. The DC adapter must be connected to the power jack.

Sorry for confuse it is just using ADB

umm i want to use just ADB (On usb, i don’t want to use adb tcp/ip ) on hikey 970 board

can i use this?

and i have some another question too

is there any plan to update AOSP Version on Hikey 970?

for example

if next year android 10.0 will launch,

and… then can you support this version aosp on hikey 970?

it is very important to me

Should be OK. However since there is only one USB controller if you run ADB over USB then you are unable to use any other USB peripheral (such as mouse/keyboard). For this reason most people prefer to run adb over TCP/IP.

Hard to say. As you may see in other threads, it is taking a long time for the Hikey970 BSP to be update to match the latest AOSP releases. So I’m not aware of any technical roadblock that can prevent the next AOSP release from running… but the board vendor has not committed to update the BSP.

1 Like