Glamor initialization failed

Hi,

my X11 log reported that glamor ization failed:

[     5.609] (II) glamor: OpenGL accelerated X.org driver based.
[     6.061] (II) glamor: EGL version 1.4 (DRI2):
[     6.062] EGL_MESA_drm_image required.
[     6.062] (EE) modeset(0): glamor initialization failed

I’m using a Variscite SD410 SOC with Yocto Pyro.

In this thread the code arround this error message was checked:

http://lists.linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/blfs-support/2015-February/076268.html

My mesa PACKAGECONFIG configures EGL:

cbehlingextern@ubuntu:~/ssd/hmi-next/build-pxc$ bitbake -e mesa | grep ^PACKAGECONFIG 
PACKAGECONFIG="                    opengl egl gles gbm dri                    x11                     		        gallium     
xa "

The macro for the missing feature is set in epoxy/egl_generated.h:

cbehlingextern@ubuntu:~/ssd/hmi-next/build-pxc$ grep MESA_drm_image ./tmp-pxc-glibc/sysroots-components/aarch64/libepoxy/usr/include/epoxy/egl_generated.h 
#define EGL_MESA_drm_image 1

@anon91830841 you changed the Yocto configuration to modesetting/glamor for Dragonbard, can you help?

Best regards
-Carsten

Update: Mesa did not install libEGL and libGLES2v2. I had to add

PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-mesa = " gles"

and

IMAGE_INSTALL += " \
    libgles2-mesa \

after that:

[     6.258] (II) glamor: OpenGL accelerated X.org driver based.
[     6.479] (II) glamor: EGL version 1.4 (DRI2):
[     6.630] (II) modeset(0): glamor initialized

@anon91830841 shouldn’t that happen automatically if modesetting/glamor is selected?

Any help? @anon91830841 Is the Glamour X11 initialization working on the Drangonboard 410 Yocto? How can that be without libgles2 and libeglfs? Or am I missing something?

yes, i am sure it’s working. the problem is that you are using an old version of Pyro, so maybe it’s a version issue … can you try the latest build/branch (rocko) just to confirm that at least you get it to work?

1 Like

sorry for the late answer … you’re right, current Dragonboard Yocto Rocko initializes glamor/modesettings correctly … EGL GLES2 libs are also present, I do not understand why I had to add

PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-mesa = " gles"

explicitely in my cudstom BSP since it is based on current Yocto Rocko

you told me that you assume me to use an old Pyro version … could you tell me some details on that assumption?

Could you point me to the Yocto configuration that enables gles in Dragonboard Yocto instead of the above stated line?