Fail to flash aosp image to dragonboard845c

I have bought a new DragonBoard 845c to run AOSP. And I have successfully flashed the devices and entered fastboot mode following this instruction (DragonBoard 845c Board Recovery - 96Boards).
The output is as follows:

cliff@cliff-lab:~/Downloads/dragonboard-845c-bootloader-ufs-aosp-41$ 
sudo ../qdl/qdl prog_firehose_ddr.elf rawprogram?.xml patch?.xml
partition 1 is now bootable
LOG: INFO: Calling handler for power
LOG: INFO: Will issue reset/power off 100 useconds, if this hangs check if watchdog is enabled
LOG: INFO: bsp_target_reset() 0

cliff@cliff-lab:/media/cliff/93a85f64-b831-40b6-bbab-2c208df42999$ fastboot devices 
a2c48e07	fastboot

However, when I try to flash AOSP images, it fails.

cliff@cliff-lab:/media/cliff/93a85f64-b831-40b6-bbab-2c208df42999$ 
./device/linaro/dragonboard/installer/db845c/flash-all-aosp.sh
android out dir:./device/linaro/dragonboard/installer/db845c/../../../../..//out/target/product/db845c
target didn't report max-download-size
sending 'partition:0' (44 KB)...
FAILED (command write failed (Success))
finished. total time: 0.000s
< waiting for any device >

And when I use command “fastboot devices” again, there is no output, which means the host cannot detect any fastboot device.
What should I do now? Thanks.

can you please share the output on the serial console as well?

Thank you. I have already solved this problem with a USB hub.
It seems that there are some problems with my hardware driver.
The problem is the same as this link: https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-5-pro/help/help-press-key-to-shutdown-fastboot-t3816021

2 Likes

that’s what I wanted to confirm. We are aware of a bug in this context, and I don’t think your hardware is at fault. It’s a bug in the USB driver in the target side firmware (XBL), which is proprietary. The bug was reported to Qualcomm and the board vendor, an updated firmware exists , but has yet to be released publicly…

Glad that you sorted it out.

Hi All,
I have issue with dragon 845c board stucked during flash(during partition table creation) after that board is not bootingUp, no logs, On pressing Power ON blue light not blinking, So wants to recover the device. So I did following steps to recover it.
Connecting the board in USB flashing mode (aka EDL mode) and followed these exact steps:

Set the switch “DIP_SW” to “0 1 1 0 0 0”
(Turn on SW2 on the dip switch to enable the USB2.0 debug port
Turn on SW3 on the Dip Switch to enable the auto power up on USB-C cable connection)
Power off the board and make sure the USB type-C cable is not plugged into the board
Press button 18 (e.g. marked with F_DL), and
Connect the USB3 Type C (5) between the Linux PC and the board.
But on running

Downloads$ cd dragonboard-845c-bootloader-ufs-linux-62
user@sv:~/Downloads/dragonboard-845c-bootloader-ufs-linux-62$ sudo ~/qcom/boot/qdl/qdl prog_firehose_ddr.elf rawprogram?.xml patch?.xml
user@sv:~/Downloads/dragonboard-845c-bootloader-ufs-linux-62$

it shows no output…
and echo $? showing 1 i.e last command failed. Please suggest any solution? It will be very helpful to me.