Dragonboard410c+Seed 96Boards Sensors Arduino issue

@wayneyang2286

Did you restart udev? It is needed to restart udev after modifying the rules, then disconnect and connect the programmer.

You can use the following command to restart udev:

sudo /etc/init.d/udev restart

Thanks,
Mani

1 Like

udev is supposed to run an inotify watch over the rules files so it should be able to handle changes without restarting the service; a disconnect/reconnect is normally sufficient (it was for me). That said restarting the service (or simply rebooting) is a good idea if you want to be 100% sure.

@wayneyang2286: Sorry this is taking so many loops. If following @mani advivce has no effect than I wonder if your programmer has a different VID/PID to mine (I have the original adafruit board). Can you disconnect/reconnect and then try “dmesg | tail” and share the output.

1 Like

I appreciate your support. It’s working on username “Linaro” now, but still not working under “sudo su”. If I want to change permission and make it working under super user, how can I change the command? I tried to follow the instruction and make it work under “linaro”, but it shows some error while I install upm package…The error as followed:

root@linaro-alip:~/upm/build# make
[ 0%] Built target utilities-c
[ 0%] Built target a110x-c
[ 0%] Built target a110x
[ 0%] Building CXX object src/a110x/CMakeFiles/jsupm_a110x.dir/jsupm_a110xJAVASCRIPT_wrap.cxx.o
/root/upm/build/src/a110x/jsupm_a110xJAVASCRIPT_wrap.cxx:169:18: fatal error: node.h: No such file or directory
#include <node.h>
^
compilation terminated.
src/a110x/CMakeFiles/jsupm_a110x.dir/build.make:67: recipe for target ‘src/a110x/CMakeFiles/jsupm_a110x.dir/jsupm_a110xJAVASCRIPT_wrap.cxx.o’ failed
make[2]: *** [src/a110x/CMakeFiles/jsupm_a110x.dir/jsupm_a110xJAVASCRIPT_wrap.cxx.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:753: recipe for target ‘src/a110x/CMakeFiles/jsupm_a110x.dir/all’ failed
make[1]: *** [src/a110x/CMakeFiles/jsupm_a110x.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:127: recipe for target ‘all’ failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

Sorry, you’ve moved a bit fast for me and I think I’ve lost track of what’s going on. Previously you were having problems with Arduino IDE and this post is a build problem for something else.

Regarding giving permissions to super user this should not be needed (super user has permission to do almost anything). Can you share the command that isn’t working.

@danielt
I tried to follow the instruction of tweeting_doorbell example. However, when I run the command, it shows the Arduino Port not found…Originally, I thought this was caused by the permission issue; however, it was uploaded successfully if I tried arduino Blinking example. The following is the result I uploaded “tweeting_doorbell” example.

root@linaro-alip:~/Starter_Kit_for_96Boards# cd tweeting_doorbell/
root@linaro-alip:~/Starter_Kit_for_96Boards/tweeting_doorbell# ls
Makefile build-uno tweeting_doorbell.ino tweeting_doorbell.py
root@linaro-alip:~/Starter_Kit_for_96Boards/tweeting_doorbell# make run

Arduino.mk Configuration:

• [AUTODETECTED] CURRENT_OS = LINUX
  • [COMPUTED] ARDMK_DIR = /usr/share/arduino (relative to Common.mk)
  • [AUTODETECTED] ARDUINO_DIR = /usr/share/arduino
  • [AUTODETECTED] ARDUINO_VERSION = 105
  • [DEFAULT] ARDUINO_SKETCHBOOK = /root/sketchbook
  • [BUNDLED] AVR_TOOLS_DIR = /usr/share/arduino/hardware/tools/avr (in Arduino distribution)
  • [COMPUTED] ARDUINO_LIB_PATH = /usr/share/arduino/libraries (from ARDUINO_DIR)
  • [DEFAULT] ARDUINO_CORE_PATH = /usr/share/arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino
  • [COMPUTED] ARDUINO_VAR_PATH = /usr/share/arduino/hardware/arduino/variants (from ARDUINO_DIR)
  • [COMPUTED] BOARDS_TXT = /usr/share/arduino/hardware/arduino/boards.txt (from ARDUINO_DIR)
  • [DEFAULT] USER_LIB_PATH = /root/sketchbook/libraries (in user sketchbook)
  • [DEFAULT] PRE_BUILD_HOOK = pre-build-hook.sh
  • [DEFAULT] BOARD_TAG = uno
  • [COMPUTED] OBJDIR = build-uno (from BOARD_TAG)
  • [DETECTED] MONITOR_BAUDRATE = 115200 (in sketch)
  • [DEFAULT] OPTIMIZATION_LEVEL = s
  • [DEFAULT] MCU_FLAG_NAME = mmcu
  • [DEFAULT] CFLAGS_STD = -std=gnu99
  • [AUTODETECTED] DEVICE_PATH =
  • [AUTODETECTED] Size utility: AVR-aware for enhanced output
  • [COMPUTED] BOOTLOADER_PARENT = /usr/share/arduino/hardware/arduino/bootloaders (from ARDUINO_DIR)

mkdir -p build-uno
make reset
make[1]: Entering directory ‘/root/Starter_Kit_for_96Boards/tweeting_doorbell’
/usr/share/arduino/Arduino.mk:1219: *** Arduino port not found!. Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/root/Starter_Kit_for_96Boards/tweeting_doorbell’
/usr/share/arduino/Arduino.mk:1195: recipe for target ‘upload’ failed
make: *** [upload] Error 2
root@linaro-alip:~/Starter_Kit_for_96Boards/tweeting_doorbell#

so…any update information can help me keep playing on the Dragonboard410C?..

Before running make please try running:

export MONITOR_PORT=/dev/tty96B0
1 Like