Db820c : GPS not working on linux

We do have android nougat,oreo,pie release for apq8096. qcom support is available. I am able to test gps and get the gps fix using gpstest.apk. This tested on the same location where i am trying tot test in linux release.

regards,
vinaysimha

This is android for dragonboard 820c:

Nothing else is available or supported.

If you are running something different, then it is unsupported 3rd party code and useless for discussion unless you explain PRECISELY what it is and where you got it.

GPS fix lat and long in android on the same board and same location.

But same board and same location in Linux using gpsmon not able to get the fix, satellites are available and <30 s/n. As attached the screenshot in the above discussion.

I believe Android uses “Assisted GPS” and gets the ephemeris data over WiFi, and since the receivers know almost exactly where it is in has a much better idea of the satellite positions and of when to expect a signal from each satellite. Under Ubuntu the GPS does not have this data and must wait for each satellite to send out the ephemeris data, which is why first lock can take 30 minutes or more. In general at your signal levels over 50% of all the data is lost, but this is still enough to reconstruct location under Assisted GPS, but not enough to decode the ephemeris data and get a lock.