DB410c Android User Build

Hi,

I am planning to use db410c as a platform to verify my SELinux setting under android v5.1.
As I know, I have to switch to user build. I run these command to switch to user build:

source build/envsetup.sh 
lunch msm8916_64-user
make -j4

But I got the following error message:
Copying: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/ext_intermediates/classes.dex
Copying: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/okhttp_intermediates/classes.dex
/home/lex/android/a511_db410c/APQ8016_410C_LA.BR.1.2.4-01810-8x16.0_5.1.1_Lollipop_P2/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/aarch64/aarch64-linux-android-4.9/bin/…/lib/gcc/aarch64-linux-android/4.9.x-google/…/…/…/…/aarch64-linux-android/bin/ld: warning: libdiag.so, needed by out/target/product/msm8916_64/obj/lib/libqcci_legacy.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
out/target/product/msm8916_64/obj/lib/libqcci_legacy.so: undefined reference to msg_sprintf' out/target/product/msm8916_64/obj/lib/libqmi_client_qmux.so: undefined reference to Diag_LSM_Init’
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [out/target/product/msm8916_64/obj/EXECUTABLES/wcnss_service_intermediates/LINKED/wcnss_service] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs…

#### make failed to build some targets (05:53:30 (hh:mm:ss)) ####

Does anyone have idea how to solve this error?

Thanks in advance.

Lex

Hi @lex1982,

I am not so familiar with the user build but from the message,

bin/ld: warning: libdiag.so, needed by out/target/product/msm8916_64/obj/lib/libqcci_legacy.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)

it looks like the libqcci_legacy.so is missing in your build environment or the setting of -r to find the libqcci_legacy.so is not proper.

I normally use
$ find . -iname “libqcci_legacy.so”
to fine the location of the file.

Would this help?

This is because the binaries provided by Qualcomm have been generated as /eng/ builds, which adds som requirements to some eng libs.
No big deal though.
This should be enough: http://pastebin.com/rrRvRCQ4

Hi,

I am facing the same problem while switching to user build. Even though I have done the changes (as mentioned in your link,) in “vendor/qcom/proprietary/common/config/device-vendor.mk” I am still facing the problem.

Is there any other change required ?

Regards,
Dev

Hi,

I got one solution to pass the build

Rename
APQ8016_410C_LA.BR.1.2.4-01810-8x16.0_5.1.1_Lollipop_P2/hardware/qcom/wlan/wcnss-service/Android.mk
to
APQ8016_410C_LA.BR.1.2.4-01810-8x16.0_5.1.1_Lollipop_P2/hardware/qcom/wlan/wcnss-service/noAndroid.mk.bak

so that wcnss-service executable will not be build, but not sure if this will corrupt wifi function.