CSI Camera on Android with AiStarVison MIPI Adapter V2.0

Awesome, I was actually about to pull your camera10 branch to check out what’s been happening as far as the camera is concerned. When the cci driver is implemented, can I utilize some of the functionality that was in Qcamera in Linux. E.g. image flip/effects?

I’m not sure that I understand. You can try some effects on the image sensor using V4L2 controls. But this has nothing to do with the cci. Or did I misunderstood?

Sorry about that, I actually misunderstood. I meant to say can we change settings on the sensor via v4l2-ctl once this is implemented? Settings such as vertical flip.

Sorry about the confusion.

Settings on the sensor can be changed now too. However this must be done on the sensor’s node which is a subdev node, not a video device node. v4l2-ctl can only set controls on a video device node. For subdev node you can use yavta: http://git.ideasonboard.org/yavta.git

Hello ljking,
I am getting the STMicro mezzanine for the 410c and am confused about the proper part number for the OV5645. When I look at a site like the one for Leapord Imaging there is a phantasmagoric collection of sensors and cabling schemes.
Any help with what is the correct OV5645 part will be much appreciated.
Thanks,
David

Hello ljking,

OK, I found your 2016 link to the Application Note – Creating a Camera Mezzanine
and Camera Flex Circuit for DragonBoard.

I’ll contact Sunny and see if anyone makes the adapter and flex cable.

Thanks,
David

Hi David (@whistle512):

Unfortunately there is currently no-one building the flex cable, I have been hoping someone would pick this up and build product. The cable is 96Boards compliant and the STMicro mezzanine is also 96Boards compliant. They would go together nicely.

I had hoped that the team at AiStarVision would start building standard 96boards flex circuits, but I have no influence in their choices of which products they choose to build.

The Leopard Imaging camera O5640 from Arrow works with the D3 Engineering mezzanine, but is mechanically very limited in the ways you can orient the camera. Also the OV5640 sensor die is not nearly as good in low light as the OV5645.

Sunny is no longer building the specific module that the Application note calls out, the driver IC for the auto-focus voice coil went obsolete, they do have other models using the OV5645 and the same lens combination but with a different voice coil driver and different connector.

If anyone wants to take up building Camera Flex circuits, I am willing to help them with finding camera modules, flex PCB suppliers, and PCB assembly houses.

Full Disclosure: I am an employee of Qualcomm Canada, any opinions I may have expressed in this or any other post may not reflect the opinions of my employer.

Hi jasonz,

I made all the above changes mentioned by you for rear camera.

I am able to capture using the camera, but i am not able to perform video recording or use panaroma mode.

Thanks!
Anvesh