I did an initial print of a 3d case designed for the hikey960, it arrived today but their were some flaws
you can check the scad files here: https://github.com/ric96/hikey960-case
Since, I am just a noob and this was literally my first try at anything with 3d printing, let this post be an open invite for people to come and design a 3d printable case for the 960.
So this case is based off of the dragonboard case, with adjustments for the following part
1) power in, this needs to be further adjusted not perfect atm
2) boot mode switch, again needs to be adjusted a bit more
3) extra height to accompany pcie m.2
4) some more extra height for the dreaded abs corner warping. Since hikey960 has a powerfull processor and may run hot abs is necessary.
5) a switch extender, but that too doesn't fit well
Since i don't own a 3d printer i had it done by a company and fr some reason they decided to remove the screw mounting standoffs, maybe they were thinned down a bit too much
so please go ahead and help me improve the design.