I did an initial print of a 3d case designed for the hikey960, it arrived today but their were some flaws
you can check the scad files here: https://github.com/ric96/hikey960-case
Since, I am just a noob and this was literally my first try at anything with 3d printing, let this post be an open invite for people to come and design a 3d printable case for the 960.
So this case is based off of the dragonboard case, with adjustments for the following part
- power in, this needs to be further adjusted not perfect atm
- boot mode switch, again needs to be adjusted a bit more
- extra height to accompany pcie m.2
- some more extra height for the dreaded abs corner warping. Since hikey960 has a powerfull processor and may run hot abs is necessary.
- a switch extender, but that too doesn’t fit well
Since i don’t own a 3d printer i had it done by a company and fr some reason they decided to remove the screw mounting standoffs, maybe they were thinned down a bit too much
so please go ahead and help me improve the design.