Can't complete the installation of Debian for the DB410c

Hi, I recently got a DB410c with Android pre-installed, and I am following the steps listed here in order to install Debian using an SD card: Windows Host Installation for DragonBoard-410c - 96Boards

But I am stuck in the step 7. When someone plugs the power adaptor into DB410c, it seems like the board needs to boot up and a screen needs to be displayed in the monitor to continue with the installation. But when I plug the power adaptor, I wait some time but nothing appears on the screen (I am using a TV actually instead of a PC monitor). The user LED 1 is blinking like a heartbeat, and the BT LED is permanent on.

If someone could help me, I would appreciate that. Thank you. :slight_smile:

It would be useful to get kernel messages via serial output to see what happens (e.g. via the uart or sensor mezzanine). If possible I would also suggest to try with a different monitor just in case issue is related to the TV.

Thanks for the advice, but how can I get those kernel messages to read them in a terminal in my computer? I am trying to use a USB to Serial/TTL adapter to do this, but I am not sure how to do it. Do I need to connect in someway the adapter to the UART1 TX and UART1 RX of the DB? Does it affect that the output of these pins are 1.8V?

You’re adapter needs to support 1.8V I/O levels, then you need to connect it to board UART1 RX/TX and GND, respectively pin 11/13/1 of the low speed interface [1]. Then use a tool like microcom or putty (on Windows) to get interface with the serial port (at 115200baud): Setting Up the UART console for DragonBoard-410c - 96Boards

[1] 96Boards GPIO Pinout