Building Android Open Source Project (AOSP) for Dragonboard 410c Compilation Error

I followed the steps as outlines on https://96boards.org/documentation/ConsumerEdition/DragonBoard-410c/Guides/AOSP.md.html

However, there is a compilation error

[  0% 4/69812] target thumb C: libGLES_mesa_32 <= external/mesa3d/src/egl/main/eglapi.c
FAILED: out/target/product/db410c/obj_arm/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libGLES_mesa_intermediates/main/eglapi.o 
/bin/bash -c "PWD=/proc/self/cwd  prebuilts/clang/host/linux-x86/clang-4053586/bin/clang        -I external/mesa3d/src/egl/main -I external/mesa3d/src/egl/drivers/dri2 -I external/mesa3d/src -I external/mesa3d/include -I external/mesa3d/src/egl -I out/target/product/db410c/obj_arm/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libGLES_mesa_intermediates -I out/target/product/db410c/gen/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libGLES_mesa_intermediates -I libnativehelper/include_deprecated \$(cat out/target/product/db410c/obj_arm/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libGLES_mesa_intermediates/import_includes)  -I system/core/include -I system/media/audio/include -I hardware/libhardware/include -I hardware/libhardware_legacy/include -I hardware/ril/include -I libnativehelper/include -I frameworks/native/include -I frameworks/native/opengl/include -I frameworks/av/include -isystem out/target/product/db410c/obj/include -isystem bionic/libc/arch-arm/include -isystem bionic/libc/include -isystem bionic/libc/kernel/uapi -isystem bionic/libc/kernel/uapi/asm-arm -isystem bionic/libc/kernel/android/scsi -isystem bionic/libc/kernel/android/uapi -c  -fno-exceptions -Wno-multichar -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -funwind-tables -fstack-protector-strong -Wa,--noexecstack -Werror=format-security -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fno-short-enums -no-canonical-prefixes -DNDEBUG -g -Wstrict-aliasing=2 -DANDROID -fmessage-length=0 -W -Wall -Wno-unused -Winit-self -Wpointer-arith -DNDEBUG -UDEBUG -fdebug-prefix-map=/proc/self/cwd= -D__compiler_offsetof=__builtin_offsetof -Werror=int-conversion -Wno-reserved-id-macro -Wno-format-pedantic -Wno-unused-command-line-argument -fcolor-diagnostics -Wno-expansion-to-defined -fdebug-prefix-map=\$PWD/= -Werror=return-type -Werror=non-virtual-dtor -Werror=address -Werror=sequence-point -Werror=date-time -nostdlibinc -msoft-float -mfloat-abi=softfp -mfpu=neon -mcpu=cortex-a15 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -D__ARM_FEATURE_LPAE=1 -target arm-linux-androideabi -Bprebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.9/arm-linux-androideabi/bin   -std=gnu99 -mthumb -Os -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strict-aliasing   -D_EGL_NATIVE_PLATFORM=_EGL_PLATFORM_ANDROID -D_EGL_BUILT_IN_DRIVER_DRI2 -DHAVE_ANDROID_PLATFORM -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-date-time -Wno-pointer-arith -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wno-initializer-overrides -Wno-mismatched-tags -DVERSION=\\\"17.2.0-devel\\\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\\\"17.2.0-devel\\\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\\\"https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Mesa\\\" -DANDROID_API_LEVEL=26 -DENABLE_SHADER_CACHE -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -DHAVE___BUILTIN_EXPECT -DHAVE___BUILTIN_FFS -DHAVE___BUILTIN_FFSLL -DHAVE_FUNC_ATTRIBUTE_FLATTEN -DHAVE_FUNC_ATTRIBUTE_UNUSED -DHAVE_FUNC_ATTRIBUTE_FORMAT -DHAVE_FUNC_ATTRIBUTE_PACKED -DHAVE_FUNC_ATTRIBUTE_ALIAS -DHAVE___BUILTIN_CTZ -DHAVE___BUILTIN_POPCOUNT -DHAVE___BUILTIN_POPCOUNTLL -DHAVE___BUILTIN_CLZ -DHAVE___BUILTIN_CLZLL -DHAVE___BUILTIN_UNREACHABLE -DHAVE_PTHREAD=1 -DHAVE_DLOPEN -DHAVE_DL_ITERATE_PHDR -DMAJOR_IN_SYSMACROS -fvisibility=hidden -Wno-sign-compare -DTEXTURE_FLOAT_ENABLED -DHAVE_LIBDRM -fPIC -DDEFAULT_DRIVER_DIR=\\\"/system/lib/dri\\\" -D_USING_LIBCXX -std=c99  -Werror=int-to-pointer-cast -Werror=pointer-to-int-cast -Werror=address-of-temporary -Werror=return-type -MD -MF out/target/product/db410c/obj_arm/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libGLES_mesa_intermediates/main/eglapi.d -o out/target/product/db410c/obj_arm/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libGLES_mesa_intermediates/main/eglapi.o external/mesa3d/src/egl/main/eglapi.c"
In file included from external/mesa3d/src/egl/main/eglapi.c:94:
In file included from external/mesa3d/src/egl/main/eglglobals.h:37:
In file included from external/mesa3d/src/egl/main/egltypedefs.h:34:
In file included from external/mesa3d/include/EGL/egl.h:39:
external/mesa3d/include/EGL/eglplatform.h:100:10: fatal error: 'android/native_window.h' file not found

Has anyone an idea what’s the cause for the problem?

I haven’t tested it yet, but take a look here https://github.com/robherring/generic_device/issues/7

1 Like

Thanks for pointing this out. Do you know whether there also manifests for stable and more mature releases like Android 6.0.1 or 7.1.2?

@swalter
6.0 is already out and it was the last image to download from 96board website.
Strangely I cannot find it anymore!!!??
The last number of the release was …128. I found it buggy anyway.

As I was told 7.0 should be released this October if they did not change the schedule.

But honestly I get better stability and less problems with the 5.0.1 release from the 96board image number …99
https://www.96boards.org/documentation/ConsumerEdition/DragonBoard-410c/Downloads/Android.md.html

jean-marc

The sdcard install of Android 5.1.1 (image number 99) works almost perfectly for us. However, there is one big issue with the EDID communication with the display. It problem is not deterministic. Sometimes, it works for a week, sometimes you get it after every reboot:

When the error happens, there is a recurrent short flash of random noise on the screen. Reconnecting the HDMI cable does not work. A reboot often helps, but not always.
Predominantly, the issue appears right after rebooting, but we have observed it also intermittently in operation.

The Android 6 image didn’t have the above mentioned problem, but one has to turn on the display before the DB410c, which is as bad as random noise. Also, the wifi takes minutes to turn on.

That’s why we would like to try a newer Android version. In the best of all worlds, newer versions should have less bugs, not more of them.

@swalter
Mh! Yes I confirm the WIFI long time to connect on the 6.0
I dropped all the versions and wait for the new version to be able to use the UART0 with Android.
So far I found a conflict on the UART0 TX line.
The Qualcomm developer told me (since April) that a the version 7 will be out in October. Hope they will not change the schedule.
I stopped my project using Android now, waiting for the new release.
Will try to ask them again for the schedule and will get back here asap.