Boot hangs until random keys are pressed

I’m running Linaro-Alip 423 on the DB820c. Initially, boot carried all the way to the Alip desktop without asking for login, but after setting up my application I’ve run into the following issue: partway through boot, it’ll stall on a tty login. If I press four random keys, it will resume booting and get me into Alip without any further trouble. Has anyone else run into this, and is there a fix or workaround for it?

Also, since grub isn’t installed, how would I go about configuring the boot? There’s a /boot/config-4.14.0-qcomlt-arm64 file with a big DO NOT EDIT message at the top. What’s the correct procedure for updating that / is that possible to do without compiling everything myself?

More specifically, this hang issue happens just after running apt update && apt upgrade. A lot of suggestions on how to resolve this kind of thing rely on editing grub, but a different bootloader is being used here. I haven’t yet found any documentation on this…if someone could point me in the right direction at least as far as bootloader configs to edit that would be extremely helpful.

To be more specific than that, I’m looking for the part of boot configuration where it’s loading up Alip instead of just staying on tty1, since that’s where the hangup is happening.

I figured out the issue, I think. Updating Debian caused it to become stricter about entropy, thus the random keypresses letting it move ahead. I installed haveged and edited /etc/default/haveged with the following parameters to get it to run:

DAEMON_ARGS="-w 1024 -d16"

This resolved the boot hang issue and also made boot much faster.