Boot error with linaro openembedded

@dchote here is sequence to flash Linaro debian image:

1. Recover your RB5 with the thundercomm UFS flash tool and thundercomm bootloader.
    after first step, your RB5 can go into fastboot mode.
  2. flash boot and rootfs image
1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply. TComm got back to us and everything is working as expected after flashing the new bootloader

@jackyard, @dchote
Did you use something other than the MULTI_DL tool from Thundercomm to recover? I have tried running MULTI_DL with the “Erase everything before download” option checked, and though the log shows that it was erased and the images downloaded, the board still gives me the same error on startup. I’ve also sent an inquiry to Thundercomm.

@anon91830841
I see that the updated rescue package was released on the 19th with the CDT file. However, the ‘flashall’ command in that package relies on the board being able to boot into fastboot, which I cannot yet do. I tried alternatively loading it through QFIL (with the ‘Erase all before download’ option checked) but that failed with error “sahara_rx_data:286 Command packet length 1702240364 too large to fit”. Is there a path using the Linaro toolset to erase the UFS and download the latest rescue package in EDL mode?

Thanks to all.

We received a ZIP with updated CDT (from TComm) and then proceeded to use qdl (working/qualcomm/qdl.git - Read only mirror of https://github.com/andersson/qdl) to apply.

That’s correct, we release a new rescue package (21.04.1) which now has the CDT, so it should solve the problem reported here. The rescue package is meant to restore the board in a good known state, and can be used to recover/reinstall the board using the USB flashing tool, as per Qualcomm RB5 Board Recovery - 96Boards.

Once you flash the rescue package over USB/QDL , then it will boot to fastboot, at that point you can use fastboot to flash your OS. QDL is an open source implementation equivalent to QFIL.

I was able to recover, but never could get QDL to detect my device. The call to udev_enumerate_get_list_entry always returns empty. Maybe this was because I was running a Live USB drive instead of a full Ubuntu install?

For anybody in a similar situation, I was able to recover by copying the ‘BTFM.bin’, ‘imagefv.elf’, and ‘logfs_ufs_8mb.bin’ files from the Thundercomm flat build into the latest Linaro rescue build (21.04.1) and then loading that using the QFIL tool from the official Qualcomm QPST download (the version from qfiltool.com did not work).