I found currently u-boot is not supported for hikey960.
So I am trying to support it from a limited open hardware details available.
When I checked, Peter Griffin’s work for Hikey620, I found,
most of his work is towards, device drivers of PMIC, USB, eMMC, pinmux, etc. Not much modifications in arm64 and also for common codes.
He uses, common board_init_f() and common borad_init_r().
Now I am trying to get atleast some debug prints via serial console and see upto where it can go. By skipping the things which are creating issues, I believe I can get a uboot prompt.
Atleast If I can make the external sdcard interface up, I can load my image to RAM and execute.
Now I am trying to enter to uboot entry point. (_start)
If I can get in to the entry point, I assume, I can use the printascii kind of debug printing until I can execute some C code.
My current bootloader is UEFI-GRUB2 and I have few query as given below.
1. I could not find where is the place of ATF in booting stage?
2. Who calls entry of UEFI?
3. Who/How to enter into GRUB2 entry point?
4. Where can be the possible place of uboot in the current booting steps.?
5. Who can load and jump to u-boot entry point?
6. How to get a combined bootloader image with other bootloader components.
Any help in this topic would be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance,