Arduino IDE with Sensors Mezzanine Board

I have a Sensors Mezzanine board and I followed the instructions in the Getting started guide. I am able to write, compile, and upload programs to the Arduino on the Sensors board. So far so good. This development works fine, but I wanted to make it even easier. The Arduino IDE is installes on the board and I can bring-up the IDE easily from the start menu. I can load and compile programs with the IDE, but the last step where the IDE uploads the binary image to the Sensors board fails.

I cannot select the correct serial port (/dev/tty96B0) in the IDE (the serial port option si greyed out). The ide calls avrdude to do the upload and I know avrdude works from the command line if it has the correct command line parameters.

Any ideas on how to get the IDE to upload the binary?

Hi @ljking,

I have this in my todo list but never had a chance to come back on this.

I also have my sample programs when I used for the demo, but it is full of tangled up debugging code and and was planning to upload to github after clean it but this is not finished.

Arduino from 96Boards

Imgur

Please give me some time.

I appreciate it if anybody in the forum have tried it and reporting here too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any updates on this thread?

No updates on this?

In /etc/profile.d/ you should see a file named: “96boards-sensors.sh” the below info should be in that file:
###################################################

# Environmental variables for working with the 96Boards Sensors adapter # # Copy this file into /etc/profile.d to set up the correct environment by default export JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS="-Dgnu.io.rxtx.SerialPorts=/dev/tty96B0" export MONITOR_PORT=/dev/tty96B0 export PYTHONPATH="$PYTHONPATH:/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages"
###################################################

With that file in place and the system rebooted the Java Arduino IDE should see and be set to use the “/dev/tty96B0” port for uploading.

1 Like

And in case if the information is not present over there?
How do I go about that?