Android on 96Boards FAQ

Hi,

I have few problems when using Android v6 on dragonboard 410c.

1. Android v6 (build 128) cannot use USB thumbdrive. I install StickMount app but still cannot get my thumbdrive mounted. Android v5 does not have this problem and I can browse the content with file manager.
  2. There is no speaker sound when I play music or movie. But in Settin=> Sound & notification, when I adjust Alarm volume or Ring volume but not Media volume, I can hear alert sound from the speaker. So hardware should have no problem.
    This thread, http://www.96boards.org/forums/topic/audio-headset-issue/#gsc.tab=0, says that I have to execute the following commands with root,

Enable Speaker and Play:

tinymix ‘PRI_MI2S_RX Audio Mixer MultiMedia1’ 1
tinymix ‘RX3 MIX1 INP1’ ‘RX1’
tinymix ‘SPK DAC Switch’ 1
tinyplay /data/audio/test.wav
Sometimes it works.
I also change the above 3 settings in mixer_paths_sbc.xml but find tinyplay can have speaker output but media app cannot.

Appreciate any help!

Hi,

I overlook the statement
Playback using Android Music player would play the audio over HDMI, as that is the default
setting. To change the default behavior, edit the file
device/qcom/msm8916_32/mixer_paths_sbc.xml based on the use case and push the file
into DragonBoard 410c via adb to /system/etc/ .
Oh silly me! The second problem is fixed.

The remaining issue is that why USB thumbdrive is not mounted automatically. Can anyone advise?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Come back to the USB thumb drive problem that is caused by Android 6.0. The pre-installed file manager does not support. Have to use another ES Explorer instead.

How long can the dragonboard 410c run on android continuously 24/7 ? is it safe to do that coz it heats up too much

Hard to say how long you can run it for but it shouldn’t overheat. When the CPU/GPU is busy the chip will heat up until it reaches a target temperature (which is pretty hot) but then it will throttle back the clocks to maintain that temperature.

Likewise if the system is running but not red-lining then it shouldn’t heat up so much.