Android Automotive

Anything that declares android.intent.category.APP_MAPS in its manifest.

The changes are all in the commit log.

I just should make an adb install mymapapp.apk and the Trampoline will find it at startup ?

Yes.
One thing to note though, in the lastest kernel commit, I’ve had to disable USB DEVICE MODE because of an upstream bug (https://bugs.96boards.org/show_bug.cgi?id=662). You’ll have to use adb over ip instead.

Ooh yes in fact I had this bug… Had to plug and unplug the type C to be able to use the adb over WiFi.
Thanks for the fix

Understood !

#EDIT
Sad that ‘Waze’ does not implement ‘android.intent.category.APP_MAPS
Google Maps do, but I think that there is no Google Play Services, isn’t it? It launchs but stop directly.

You can add an application in manually to the systemui arrays;

Please can you explain me what does mean this error :
03-29 08:19:01.909 2410 2619 E u-blox : Failing to reopen the serial port
03-29 08:19:02.910 2410 2619 V u-blox : connectReceiver: Open/Reopen the serial port
03-29 08:19:02.910 2410 2619 E u-blox : Cannot open serial port /dev/ttyACM0, return -1 0
03-29 08:19:02.910 2410 2619 V u-blox : CGpsIf::gpsStatus: gpsStatusValue=4(GPS_STATUS_ENGINE_OFF)
It’s on a loop and it makes my board overheat.

I have plugged a GPS Antenna on the USB port.

Also I’m not finding this interface :
idge

Is it available on this version ? Or maybe my configuration is not set correctly.
But rest seems to work fine.

You need the cdc_acm kernel module to operate an u-blox USB receiver.

It’s not already present on the hikey car kernel ? Or it’s a .ko on the filesystem to activate with insmod ?

I see a /sys/module/cdc_ncm folder when I cat the prefer_mbim I got ‘N’.

Is your GPS a U-Blox GPS? If not, then you should not have built with the variable set to enable U-Blox GPS HAL, and then it would build with the simple serial GPS HAL. Some adjustments may be needed to configurations in order to explain to the serial gps hal where to find the serial gps, as well as permissions to make it accessible. This was all in the instructions.

As for the heater and air conditioner interface, since there is not standard way to interface with that element of a car, there is no point in having that interface enabled in the build.

If you want to play around with that interface, just uncomment this line;

Its not “the hikey car kernel”, it is MY modified-for-car hikey kernel.
I am the only person who has actually been working on car, and I don’t work for linaro.

But the answer is that the needed drivers are all present.

You need cdc_acm, and not cdc_ncm

@helg; nothing is needed for the ublox gps. They do work on this kernel. His problem seems to be that he doesn’t actually HAVE a ublox gps, yet set a build variable that enables the ublox gps HAL.

ok, then you have CONFIG_CDC_ACM=yes in your defconfig. All non-android kernels have it disabled.

Helg: You are not helping. There is NOTHING MISSING in the software.

I did not find any CONFIG_CDC_ACM=yes in the defconfig of the kernel. I think Kernel should be fine.

In fact, it’s not a GPS U-Blox, it’s a serial one.

I do not really understand the UBLOX_GPS_HAL= TRUE before the m -j9 …
I did not really found more instructions to configure a serial GPS.

Thanks for help

So no UBLOX? Don’t set the variable! Simple.

When u talk about variable you mean env variable ?

When you say this: “It’s on a loop and it makes my board overheat.” I don’t understand what you mean. There is very little processing involved, it should NOT cause the board to heat up perceptibly. And I’m not aware of any way at all to make the board overheat – it will throttle the CPUs down as it heats up to prevent overheating.

I don’t know if that causes the overheat… But the board is very very hot for real. Anyway, the board is still working correctly so… :smiley: