After flashin linaro to my 410C the browsers hang and crash

I’m using the dragonboard 410c. I flashed it with linaro via my SD card. I was able to connect it to my wifi, which is working properly with all my other devices.

When I start chromium and try to open a website it hangs and sometimes crashes (frozen screen). I installed firefox and had the same issues.

Does anybody have an idea how to fix this?

1 Like

which software release/version are you running?

After requesting ‘lsb_release -a’ I receive:

Description: Debian GNU/Linux bullseye/sid
Release: unstable

Is your problem similar to the following thread? DB410c freeze and requires cold reset - #3 by NiB

I do not have this deep experience with Linux. But as far as I understood it, it differs from the description in the provided link. My bug is easily reproducible. And I’m just talking about a simple task: Open the webbrowser and loading simple web pages.

When I want to open a web page in the browser it becomes slower and slower and than freezes.

You know that you only have 1G of RAM, less than all of that available, and that modern web browsers are absolute and unjustifiable memory pigs, right? I mean I’m sitting here at a laptop with 20G and with a quick peek, chromium is sucking up a whole 6.5G!

Don’t expect a DB410C to make a super high-performance desktop PC. Its really not workable as a desktop.