410c out of stock everywhere

no, definitely not!

It is “just” out of stock on arrow.com , that is a known issue, which is being addressed, but it is far from being discontinued, quite the opposite!

Excellent. I need to buy a pile of 'em.

OK, so are you sure? Arrow has apparently discontinued the Dragonboard kit that includes the audio mezzanine, which just happens to be exactly what I need and they’re still out of stock of the bare 410c. They have also apparently discontinued the audio mezzanine entirely, and Seeed doesn’t sell it anymore, either.

I am having an extremely difficult time convincing people I work with that this board is still a thing that exists.

Hi Naikrovek,
please may you let me know where you are located?
Many thanks,
Dieter

United States. here’s some text to meet the 20 character limit.

We recently bought some from Amazon, but there is only one left now.
Depending on your application there are also dragonboard “clones” available, from like Inforce, Variscite (I have those and the Linaro image works on it), but there are also quite some other manufacturers.

Last time dragonboard 410c was out of stock on Arrow I ordered one on Aliexpress (to Europe), they have many remaining. FYI the snapdragon 410E availability and support is extended for a minimum of 10 years from initial commercial release (to 2025), so I would expect the same for the dragonboard 410C dev board.
(https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon/processors/410e).

Arrow finally got the DB820c ordering situation straightened out, hopefully they will work on this next. I was told at the ELC Qualcomm booth that the boards are available and this was just another snafu on the Arrow website.

Hi @naikrovek

The “audio kit” version of the Dragonboard 410c has been discontinued, so from one point of view you are correct. However the DragonBoard 410c, and the Audio Mezzanine boards will continue to be available as separate items. Currently Arrow has over 500 Audio Mezzanine boards in stock but the system is not showing them, @billdavies is looking into getting this fixed.

As others have mentioned the 410c DragonBoards are currently out of stock, they have not been discontinued, and more are being built. I will let @billdavies comment on when they will be back in stock and listed online at arrow.com.

Full disclosure: I am an employee of Qualcomm Canada, any opinions I have expressed in this or any other post may not reflect the opinions of my employer.

Ok, thank you. More text to satisfy 20 char limit.

The last time I heard from @billdavies, the next build of DB410C was expected to arrive in mid-April.

Thank you.

The Audio kit going away is … sad but not a showstopper. I’ll just buy the individual bits. I do hope that I don’t have to solder those 2mm audio header pins on every board, however. That would be quite tedious for the quantity I intend to buy.

It is a bit hard to believe that getting the site to reflect the actual quantity of items in stock is taking this long. I mean, I believe it, I work in software so I understand, and it’s a red flag for the web team and/or stock management team(s) at Arrow. Arrow’s income is generated by sales and if I can’t buy what I need to buy from them because of a problem with a website or the interaction with the stock tracking software… well that’s lost sales, and I would think it would be prioritized enough that it would be fixed by now. What other things are people not able to order because of this?

It doesn’t matter. when they get it fixed, I’ll order, unless my budget runs out on other things before then.

Below, I’m sharing an email reply I just received from Arrow, regarding the DragonBoard 410c. I hope this information helps clarifying:

"
Dear *****,

We have a bunch more in production that should be posted to the website in about 3 weeks. FYI we are still supporting the DragonBoard 410C
If you have questions, contact us. You can also find answers in the Customer Service FAQ section on our website.

CONTACT : https://www.arrow.com/en/support/contact-support/contact-arrow
FAQ : https://www.arrow.com/en/support/contact-support/faqs

Sincerely,
Arrow Digital Group
Domestic: 1-855-326-4757
International: 1-303-305-5700
"

Hi @naikrovek

If you are intending to buy large quantities (more than 4 or 5) you should really talk to @billdavies or your local Arrow rep to schedule builds for you. Arrow does not normally build large quantities of 410c DragonBoards.

Full disclosure: I am an employee of Qualcomm Canada, any opinions I have expressed in this or any other post may not reflect the opinions of my employer.

Ok, that is good to know, thank you.

Arrow should update the page for the 410.
I took the 0 weeks lead time to mean out of production, combined with the seeed statement that it was out of production.
I asked for a quote to hopefully get a contact that can tell me what the real lead time is.

… combined with the seeed statement that it was out of production.

DB410C is manufactured by Arrow; as far as I remember Seeed were only
ever retailing the DB410C. Thus when they say “DISCONTINUED” I think
that only meant that they no longer plan to stock it.

Do doubt you are correct, but that is not obvious to one who has not seen this thread.

Do doubt you are correct, but that is not obvious to one
who has not seen this thread.

Agree. Thankfully there’s a good chance google will have picked it
this thread by now :wink:

Hi @naikrovek, @bgat, @azlun, @cezmen

FYI - The Audio Mezzanine is back at Arrow https://www.arrow.com/en/products/114990332/seeed-technology-limited

Full Disclosure: I am an employee of Qualcomm Canada, any opinions I may have expressed in this or any other post may not reflect the opinions of my employer.