USB drivers

Hi
I was able to disable the digital signature enforcement. thanks.

@mbdall and @Rocam: On behalf of the UCSD IoT team I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced with the USB Driver installation for Windows, Coursera video. I am in the process of replacing it with a less confusing video, though this may take some time due to the holidays.

In the mean time, I will be taking the video down and replacing it with links to various resources (including these forums). Your input and help in these discussions, and those of Coursera are much appreciated.

We look forward to your continued participation in the UCSD IoT specialization, as well as all future input. Your observations and feedback help make our courses better for everyone.

Thanks!

-Robert

@mbdall can you specify how did you solve your problem for installing the USB drivers? I am trying to install it on a windows 7 machine. I have tried all the various suggestions on the Coursera course and also the instructions mentioned in the document https://developer.qualcomm.com/qfile/28828/lm80-p0436-2_sw-build-and-install_gd_linux_android_rev_d.pdf

But i have no luck whatsoever in getting the drivers installed. Could you help me understand how did you fix yours. Appreciate your help in advance. Thank you.

Yeah in that coursera tutorial video it is bad because they already updated their drivers and are going through the process but it doesn’t fully explain it for us. Robert said they were going to update that video, so I would contact him. Honestly for me it was just playing around with trail and error until it worked. Just track your actions and do thing that would make sense for you. If it doesn’t work just restore the settings. Sorry it’s been a while. But I think I wrote detailed instructions in the coursera course discussion board.

I read the discussions here and on the UCSD cousera IoT course discussion, but I found no answer.
Any process to resolve USB driver installation for Windows 10 (I tried disabling driver signing) ?

Hello all,

I have been trying everything to get the drivers to work on WIndows 10.
Disabled Driver signing verification
Disabled secure boot
set TESTSIGNING ON

But nothing really seems to work

@sdrobertw:
If you have the solution but you are having trouble to create a new video please just type the instructions here…

Thanks a lot in advance

I have been trying to follow the instructions to install the USB driver on Windows 10 here:

http://linaro.co/96b-androiduserguide

I downloaded the usb_driver from google and modified the android_winusb.inf file as specified. There’s a hash security on it that does not allow you to change that file and then install it. Is there another way to get the ADB USB driver onto my computer? I could not get this to work with my Windows 7 machine either.

Hi @afourteia and @avandeg, i had no luck whatsoever in getting the USB driver installed on my windows 7 machine even after trying out every suggestion mentioned on 96boards & coursera forum.

As a workaround for this problem i had to uninstall windows and install ubuntu on my system. This solution will definitely work as it does not require any drivers to be installed and requires less than 5 hours to do complete the entire thing.

Hi

I uploaded the adb USB driver for DragonBoard 410C.

adb usb driver windows DB410C

I hope this solves the problem.

Have you already install the driver successfully? I use the same instruction as yours but I stuck at the 1st and the 3rd step.For example, in the 3rd step, I totally don’t know set what path to include the directory c:\android-sdk-windows\tools, and I don’t even have such a directory.
Any help will be really appreciated!

Have you already install the driver successfully? I use the same instruction as yours but I stuck at the 1st and the 3rd step.For example, in the 3rd step, I totally don’t know set what path to include the directory c:\android-sdk-windows\tools, and I don’t even have such a directory.
Any help will be really appreciated!

Hi @breakin123,

I uploaded the instruction which worked for me.

http://www.96boards.org/forums/topic/step-by-step-instruction-to-install-adb-usb-driver-on-windows/

Thank you, Akira Tsukamoto, for posting clear and concise directions on how to install the adb usb driver for windows 10.

My only comment is that the hyperlink that you provided is incorrect; the text of the link points to the right place, but the hyperlink itself is invalid, being "step-by-step-instruction-to-install-adb-usb-driver-on-windows/

http://www.96boards.org/forums/topic/step-by-step-instruction-to-install-adb-usb-driver-on-windows/

Tom Kastan
Dundas, Minnesota
UCSD Class of 1985

Hi @tkastan,

Thank you for letting me know that my link was wrong.
I just fixed it.

I really appreciate your report. It help the people on the forum too.
:slight_smile:

I’ve solved this problem with your help and the driver worked perfectly. Thank you very much! @Akira Tsukamoto

:slight_smile:

Hi Everyone,

I am having issues with the Windows (8.1) USB drivers for ADB also. I have tried the recommended steps on Coursera and still no luck. In a few posts above Akira lists a link in which another member had success with when the link was valid. Looks like the link is no longer valid again at -> adb usb driver windows DB410C. Actual link below.
http://www.96boards.org/forums/topic/step-by-step-instruction-to-install-adb-usb-driver-on-windows/#gsc.tab=0

I would really appreciate it if I can have access to the actual ADB USB drivers for the DB410C in a single downloadable file (like listed in the link above that is no longer active). If anyone could assist that would be great. Thanks! LG

Hello @sdrobertw @sujai
can you please tell how to configure ADB in our host machine as most students are facing and complaining so many problems. i will request you please make a video to show step by step on our windows laptop so that we can connect our dragonboard 410c with that since long i am facing this problem .please help. Interfacing I2C Grove Digital Light Sensor on DragonBoard 410c - YouTube and Using GPIOs on low speed connector on DragonBoard™ 410c - YouTube in this video also they mention to configure ADB ?NOT ABLE TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM.PLEASE HELP

thanks in advance !!!

@sdrobertw @sujai
PLEASE TELL ME WHY dragonboard 410c’s bluetooth and wi-fi led’s are blinking as soon as they get power and board is not booting up and no display is shown. and Number 4 user led is not blinking .
board heat up even.
please suggest me what to do?

thanks in advance !!!

The correct link is Step by step instruction to install adb usb driver on Windows
The previous ones are giving 404 Not found error. If nothing works just search step-by-step-instruction-to-install-adb-usb-driver-on-windows in forum . you will get it.