Device is locked

Hi,

Somehow my device got locked and I am unable to flash images anymore.
below are the logs:

$ sudo fastboot flash aboot emmc_appsboot.mbn
target reported max download size of 268435456 bytes
sending ‘aboot’ (508 KB)…
OKAY [ 0.020s]
writing ‘aboot’…
FAILED (remote: device is locked. Cannot flash images)
finished. total time: 0.024s

I tried to unlock it using fastboot oem unlock but the issue remains the same.
below are the logs:

$ sudo fastboot oem unlock

FAILED (remote: oem unlock is not allowed)
finished. total time: 0.003s

please show me the way to unlock the device.

Thanks.
deep123

Hi ,
Did you try to recover the device by flashing the SD Card image ?
Was the issue seen even with it ?

The latest SDcard image for Android is here:
https://www.96boards.org/products/ce/dragonboard410c/

And the procedure is here:

ps: The section “Step 4: Write the SD image onto an SD card” assumes you have a Linux machine and familiarity with DD command.
For Programming the SD card with the image (.img) file on Windows, you can use the Win32DiskImager tool
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/)

thanks
Sujai.

Please make sure you are using the most recent SD card image and flash the Android images again. This fastboot issue has been fixed in the most recent image.

I was trying to get a bit familiar with fastboot commands.

I have tried to use oem lock command, this locked my 410C board.
$ sudo fastboot oem lock

Then I tried to unlock bootloader but failed.
$ sudo fastboot oem unlock

FAILED (remote: oem unlock is not allowed)
finished. total time: 0.003s

$ sudo fastboot oem device-info

(bootloader) Device tampered: false
(bootloader) Device unlocked: false
(bootloader) Charger screen enabled: false
(bootloader) Display panel:
OKAY [ 0.007s]
finished. total time: 0.007s

Since bootloader is locked, now I can not flash images to my board.
$ sudo fastboot boot boot.img
downloading ‘boot.img’…
OKAY [ 0.768s]
booting…
FAILED (remote: unlock device to use this command)
finished. total time: 0.771s

I have tried to recover the device by re-flashing the SD Card image with no luck.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
colorsky

Hi colorsky,

Not 100% it will help but please try https://github.com/96boards/documentation/blob/master/ConsumerEdition/DragonBoard-410c/Installation/BoardRecovery.md.

Hi, were u able to unloock fastboot ?
I am also facing the same issue

This is a curious problem. The bootloader and fastboot images that are shipped with the DragonBoard 410c are not locked, I have no idea how you managed to get it locked.

I would suggest a couple of things to try:

1. reload the board using the “SD Card Method - Install and boot from eMMC”. This process boots the board from the SDCard and then loads the on-board eMMC memory with new everything, including the partition table, bootloaders, fastboot, and the operating system (Android or Debian). This should take your board back to like-new condition. https://www.96boards.org/documentation/ConsumerEdition/DragonBoard-410c/Installation/
  2. some old versions of Fastboot on your host development system have issues with newer devices, try updating the fastboot program on your host system

Full Disclosure: I am an employee of Qualcomm Canada, any opinions I may have expressed in this or any other post may not reflect the opinions of my employer.

I tried the sd card method with latest android image.
The fastboot is still locked.

I connected the dragon board to my host pc in fastboot mode then i tried
Fastboot oem lock → this command locked the device.
Then when i tried to use
Fastboot oem unlock
It is showing as failed (remote : oem unlock is not allowed)

Thankyou.
Regards,
Anvesh

the info whether the device is lock/unlocked is stored in the devinfo partition, so that it is persistent. it is of course unlocked by default. if you manage to get fastboot access using the SD rescue image, then i think doing fastboot erase devinfo, should reset the lock status.

if you can’t get into fastboot, but can boot linux, you can also zero out the devinfo partition from linux.

You can also try erasing all the partitions when you first get it up to fastboot, see this tread: Android not showing up after flashing - #3 by bobhsiao

Full Disclosure: I am an employee of Qualcomm Canada, any opinions I may have expressed in this or any other post may not reflect the opinions of my employer.