Android 6.0.1 build only boots to recovery mode

I’ve build msm8916_64-userdebug for Android Board Support Package vLA.BR.1.2.7-01010-8x16.0-4. I’ve installed the images using fastboot and the device will only boot in to recovery mode.

Is it something to do with the userdebug build? Should I attempt a different one?

Any help appreciated.

hi, I got the same question, did you have solved it?

sjal,

Not yet. I’ve attempted an older 6.0.1 build but i get the same problem. I’m still looking for a solution.

I want to download the official image,and try to flash, to see it have same problem or not! but the downloading are so slow.

hi, i have find de solution. i just follow the file DB410c_build.sh to compile. at the end of this file is

tar -xzvf …/proprietary_LA.BR.1.2.7-01010-8x16.0_410C_May.tgz -C vendor/qcom/
mv vendor/qcom/proprietary/bootanimation.zip device/qcom/msm8916_64/
mv vendor/qcom/proprietary/WCNSS_qcom_wlan_nv.bin device/qcom/msm8916_64/
cd $BUILDROOT

source build/envsetup.sh

lunch msm8916_64-userdebug

make -j10 | tee log.txt

so I leaked this three step ever
tar -xzvf …/proprietary_LA.BR.1.2.7-01010-8x16.0_410C_May.tgz -C vendor/qcom/
mv vendor/qcom/proprietary/bootanimation.zip device/qcom/msm8916_64/
mv vendor/qcom/proprietary/WCNSS_qcom_wlan_nv.bin device/qcom/msm8916_64/

Now I do it and make, got the img and flash to the board. it is running! no stuck in recovery mode anymore!

Yep, that worked, many thanks. Wifi and Bluetooth are not working though. Does it work for you?

sjal,

I have same issue today.
After git checkout LA.BR.1.2.7-01010-8x16.0 and used android_board_support_package_vla.br_.1.2.7-01010-8x16.0-4.zip .

However DB410c board cannot boot as you said.
Would you share your DB410c_build.sh script?

Thanks,

Hi @mipsan

The DB410_Build.sh script is included in the zip file you downloaded from Android Board Support Package. The instructions to setup your build system and build Android are included in the document Software Build and Installation Guide, Linux Android

Full Disclosure: I am an employee of Qualcomm Canada, any opinions I may have expressed in this or any other post may not reflect the opinions of my employer.

Hi @ljking

Thanks for your comment.
As you said, I did as Installation guide.

• proprietary: proprietary_LA.BR.1.2.7-01010-8x16.0_410C_May.tgz
  • PATCH: PATCH_8x16_410c_LA.BR.1.2.7-01010-8x16.0.tar.gz
  • BSP package: linux_android_board_support_package_vla.br_.1.2.7-01010-8x16.0-4.zip

However when I build, it returned error and build process stopped.
Problem I found is line 105 of DB410c_build.sh.
cd $BUILDROOT/$android_project

I modified that as follow;
cd $patch_root_dir/$android_project
Because patches are under the PATH folder.

----------------- modified here -------------------------
proprietary patch adaption is modified from
tar -xzvf ../proprietary_LA.BR.1.2.7-01010-8x16.0_410C_May.tgz -C vendor/qcom/ mv vendor/qcom/proprietary/bootanimation.zip device/qcom/msm8916_64/ mv vendor/qcom/proprietary/WCNSS_qcom_wlan_nv.bin device/qcom/msm8916_64/

to
tar -xzvf ../proprietary_LA.BR.1.2.7-01010-8x16.0_410C_May.tgz -C vendor/qcom/ mv vendor/qcom/proprietary/bootanimation.zip $WORKDIR/device/qcom/msm8916_64/ mv vendor/qcom/proprietary/WCNSS_qcom_wlan_nv.bin $WORKDIR/device/qcom/msm8916_64/
----------------- modified here -------------------------

Although I get a .img files and flashed via fastboot, DB410c cannot boot properly.
It starts repeatedly.

Would you give me an opinion?

Thanks,

Did the board boot properly when you ran the SDCard install with the prebuilt version?

Full Disclosure: I am an employee of Qualcomm Canada, any opinions I may have expressed in this or any other post may not reflect the opinions of my employer.

That’s True.

I tested this DB410c board works well with prebuilt Android or Debian images.

Hi @mipsan

I did find “order of operations” matters when loading and reloading various Operating Systems onto the board, although I didn’t fully figure out what the good and bad orders were. I would suggest you install Android from SDCard and ensure it is working, then replace the prebuilt images with your images. When you look at the partition tables you will notice about 10 partitions, the SDCard install sets most of them up correctly, whereas when you install your images you are only updating two partitions. The contents of the other partitions are similar for Linux and Android but not exactly the same, if you had Linux content, and tried to boot Android it will not work.

Once in a while the partitions get corrupted and the SDCard install doesn’t seem to scrub the problem, I noticed this when adding Win10 into the mix of Operating System I had loaded onto the board. The solution is to erase ALL of the partitions, then go to the SDCard install of choice. This was discussed in android-not-showing-up-after-flashing.

Thanks @ljking,

I tested your hint, deleted all partition and flash dragonboard410c_bootloader_emmc_android-50.zip again.
But when I write userdata.img or system.img, fastboot crashed with these errors;
PS Z:\AOSP_M\out\target\product\db410c> fastboot flash userdata .\userdata.img
target reported max download size of 268435456 bytes
Invalid sparse file format at header magi
PS Z:\AOSP_M\out\target\product\db410c> fastboot flash system .\system.img
target reported max download size of 268435456 bytes
Invalid sparse file format at header magi

Other img files are flashed without any problem definitely.

Hi @mipsan

I think I have seen this error in the far past, and if I remember correctly the cause of the problem is you are using an old version of adb/fastboot on your host system. Try upgrading adb/fastboot.